Almost all parents face this problem as colic in the newborn. Most moms and dads don't know how to deal with this phenomenon, and fall into confusion, turning for help to the pediatricians.
But with colic the baby is quite possible to cope on their own, if you treat this problem with understanding and patience, and to follow all simple rules, designed specifically for the responsible parent.
When and why there colic
There are several different versions when it start in newborns colic but the time of their appearance for each individual kid, as it depends on many factors:
- term birth. Premature babies born colic can start later than usual, but they will last longer.
- The mode of feeding and overfeeding. It happens that the child's stomach does not have time to completely digest your food before the next feeding, which causes flatulence.
- Development of the gastrointestinal tract. All kids digestive tract develop at different rates, which depends on the start date and end the colic.
- Food baby and mother. Being on artificial nutrition the baby may feel discomfort in her tummy due to mismatched mix, baby breastfeeding may react to food you eat mother.
- The personal qualities of the child. Have restless and overly temperamental children period cramps is more painful and lasting.
- Poor attachment to the breast. If the baby is not latching properly mother's, he swallows air, which leads to the subsequent formation of gas.
All these factors in varying degrees, can affect how long colic last in newborns, so the exact period of this process, it is difficult to specify.
Pediatricians use the following scheme of the course of colic in infants, referred to as the "rule of three": colic start in the third week of life, the attacks last for 3 hours three times a day, and finally cease at the age of three months.
But children are not subject to the common scheme, and therefore to say with certainty when are colic in newborns is impossible: some kids in pain end in two months, while others continue up to six months of age.
Please note! Abdominal pain that appear in infants, do not pose any danger to the health of the kids, but cause severe discomfort, both by newborns and their parents.
No one remedy will not give an absolute guarantee of freedom from colic, because a thorough the reason for their appearance remains unknown.
It is believed that the main cause colic in newborns the immaturity of the gastrointestinal tract, but some children may suffer seizures from a very early age, and later – when the stomach is fully formed.
Some scientists believe that colic is one of the symptoms of the process of child's adaptation to the new environment and point to the neurological nature of colic. That is, the child is experiencing severe stress from the abundance of new impressions, in which the nervous system reacts with pain and spasms in the ventricle.
On this basis, the causes of colic can be divided into two groups:
- Immaturity of the gastrointestinal tract. The baby initially in the intestine are absent beneficial bacteria that an adult accompany and facilitate the process of digestion. During the formation of beneficial microflora in the digestive tract of the baby arise discomfort in the tummy. Gas and bloating will end when the baby is fully formed digestive tract and improve their work.
- Neurological disorders. Colic can occur under the action of irritating factors: sleep disorders (disruptions in the rhythm of sleep, lack of sleep) and power mode, when the weather changes, when stressful situations (bright light, loud and sudden noises, extreme cold, etc.).
Dr. Komarovsky encourages parents not to panic at the onset of colic in the baby. This is an absolutely normal process, which will end by itself once the baby adapts to his new sphere of existence.
As manifested colic in the newborn
Even inexperienced parents can recognize colic and gas in newborns, crying arises from the child for no apparent reason when the baby is dry, fed and healthy. The child can scream very much, and for a few hours a day.
Crying arises from the child usually after 20-30 minutes after feeding and can last a few minutes and 2-3 hours. If the child cannot calm down a longer time, then the cause may be much more serious, and in this case it is better to seek the advice of a doctor.
- Bloated, hard tummy;
- Pipsqueak pressed to the belly of the leg;
- Baby much screaming;
- Appear gases;
- The child may try to push;
- The baby becomes restless and Moody, a long time does not calm down.
Important! Colic usually present with seizures, the baby suddenly starts screaming and then just as suddenly falls silent.
Child during bouts of colic feels very bad, which affects his behavior – the baby spits out the pacifier, refuses the breast, turned, bent arc. At this point the kid is very acutely aware of the mood mom. If she is confused, hurt and angry, the baby will quickly catch the mood of the mother and will begin to act up even more.
How to help your child
At the onset of colic in infants, parents are frantically looking for ways to address them, applying the purchase and public facilities. These methods do not always prove effective, and some, on the contrary, can aggravate the situation.
Truly effective remedies are not so many, and most of them boils down to the proper actions of parents during bouts of colic in your baby.
What to do parents:
- To put before each feeding of the baby on her tummy for a few minutes.
- To ensure constant contact with the baby, taking the baby on hand, hugged her, put it to his belly, simultaneously stroking on the back.
- After feeding for some time, you need to hold the baby upright to burp the air accumulated in the stomach.
- Protected from stress and impact of external factors (noise, cold, excessively bright light).
- Massaging baby's tummy in a circular light motion clockwise. Massage for colic in a newborn baby will help your child not only to get rid of the painful spasms, but also to feel the warmth of his mother, which is very important for the General condition of the baby.
- Can be put on baby's tummy warm (not hot) diaper. Such warmer for a newborn colic baby will bring a pleasant feeling and helps you to relax and calm down.
- While the child is breast-fed eliminate from the mother's diet the foods that trigger flatulence (products with caffeine tomatoes, nuts, onions, corn, hot and spicy dishes, cabbage, beans, homemade milk).
- When artificial feeding is to try to replace the mixture. Choose the mixture, which does not contain palm oil.
- To give the baby tea fennel, dill water or pharmacy drugs to get rid of colic.
When you select the pharmacy medicines should not rely on reviews from other moms from the forums, and it is better to consult a district pediatrician. Some remedies can cause side effects: itching and rash on the skin constipation. If a child manifests such a reaction the drops should be replaced by others or completely cancel their appointment.
Please note! On the first place among pharmaceutical drugs are drops from colic for newborns Infakol, cough syrup, Drops, SAB Simplex. They are considered harmless to babies and rapidly excreted with feces.
Dill water for newborns colic is considered the most effective and harmless means. You can buy in a drugstore or prepare your own: one teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds or dill, pour a glass of hot water and then put for 15 minutes in a water bath. Cooled and strained infusion is given to the baby before eating one small spoon.
The first thing parents must do with the appearance of baby colic – not to worry and not to panic. The fear and anger of the parents passed to the child, and it is more difficult to calm down.
Komarovsky says that colicky babies – not so much a problem of the newborn as his parents, who built this natural physiological process in the grade of disease, which actively need to fight. The doctor emphasizes that the best remedy for colic in newborns – patience, attention and love of parents.
BTC Address: 1Pi3a4c6sJPbfF2sSYR2noy61DMBkncST
ETH Address: 0x7d046a6a6ea1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
LTC Address: LUyT9HtGjtDyLDyEbLJ
Yandex Money: 410013576807538
Webmani (R still works): R140551758553 and q216149053852
ATOM Address (Cosmos): cosmos15v50ymp6n6n5dn73erqq0u8adpl8d3ujv2e74 MEMO: 106442821
BAT Address: 0x7d046a6a1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
BCH Address: 1Pi3a4c6sJPbfF2sSYR2noy61DMBkncST
BEAM Address: 24ec693cffe396c8644e23971a40c7c7c70dffb12693939cb233b2164445e06fb5e2
BNB Address: bnb136ns6lfw4s5hg4n85vthaad7hq5m4gtkgf23 MEMO: 106210477
BTT Address: TNcT'mrUFfbVDJDuFjh5beeik JBX39ySm
DASH Address: Xkey1'YD5r9kkh23i BDNW8z9pnTF9tmBuL
DCR Address: DsnSzfzbe6WqNb581muMAMN7hPnzz8mcdr
DOGE Address: DENN2ncxBc6CcgY8SbcHGpAF87siBVq4tU
ETC Address: 0x7d046a6a1bd712f7a6937937b042eeee4998f634
LINK Address: 0x7d046a6a1bd712f7a69379377937b042eeeee4998f634
MANA Address: 0x7d046a6a6ea1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
NANO Address: nano_17nn85ygnimr1djkx8nh7p8xw36ia69xoiqckb8quo57ebweut1w8gu6gamm
NEO Address: AS1XCr1MS1BA69DTxDk W8yypB9njPTWzG
OMG Address: 0x7d046a6a6ea1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
ONT Address: AS1XCr1MS1BA69DTxDk W8ypB9njPTWzG
PIVX Address: DBH7DfLaSxtdT4Gzno4gLMC3f5gcD6BGVe
RVN Address: RKFTtb'4jWEY9gwHodiH92utCc8iBzStaM
STEEM Address: deepcrypto8 MEMO: 106757068
TOMO Address: 0x7d046a6a6ea1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
TRX Address: TNcT'mrUFfbVDJDuFjh5beeik JBX39ySm
TUSD Address: 0x7d046a6a6ea1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
USDT (ERC-20) Address: 0x7d046a6aa1bd712f7a69377b042eeeee4998f634
VET Адрес: 0x7d046a6eaa1bd712f7a6937b042e9eee4998f634
WAVES Адрес: 3PHUH2hAzhbRqnrJ8tr9GFgnkkxLL15Rhpw
XEM Адрес: NC64UFOWRO6AVMWFV2BFX2NT6W2GURK2EOX6FFMZ MEMO: 101237663
XRP Адрес: rEb8TK3gBgk5auZkwc6sHnwrGVJH8DuaLh XRP Депозит Tag: 105314946
XTZ Адрес: tz1Q5YqkEZSwqU97HrC8FipJhSXcEyB3YGCt
XVG Адрес: DDGcaATb3BWNnuCXbTZMf6fx9Cqf2v1PWF
ZEC Адрес: t1RBHUCbSWcDxzqeMCSPYdocKJuNGZvVJHn