Many honey lovers and supporters of the natural treatment this unique product ask a question: what is a chestnut honey as it is produced and what is its fundamental difference from other varieties?
Is this the kind of honey, chestnut two varieties – horse (this kind of tree often found in city parks and along the sidewalks) and noble. If the fruit is first grade no one eats the fruits of noble chestnut (the name speaks for itself) are considered a delicious delicacy. Accordingly, a difference in honey produced from different varieties of chestnut tree – horse chestnut gives a very liquid, almost colorless product, and the noble turns out watery honey dark brown color with a spicy bitterness, so and appreciated it much more.
How and where it is mined
As noted by the beekeepers with the experience of obtaining pure chestnut honey – the process is quite complicated. And there are a number of explanations. Firstly, due to the fact that woodland planting noble chestnut is quite rare and the habitat of its growth is not broad – it basically grows in the southern part of Europe (France and Italy), Asia Minor, the Crimea and some regions of Ukraine, Transcaucasia, and North America. By the way, abroad this product is not available. But it has some really unique properties.
Secondly, it is difficult to take out the apiary in the mountainous areas where usually grows edible chestnut (the real seed).
And, third, the bees bring your bribes (that is, the extraction of pollen, pergolas, nectar) from different places at the end of the summer season. It turns out that due to all these reasons, to produce chestnut honey is not easy. Therefore, this type of honey is attributed to the elite and expensive varieties.
Important! Unfortunately, to determine not eye the authenticity and purity (absence of additives) in chestnut honey is very difficult. And since it is sold in the markets in large numbers, there is reason to doubt the true origin of the product. The real chestnut honey is a pretty expensive product.
How not to make a mistake and make the right choice, we will tell you in the article.
All varieties of honey have nearly similar composition, but the chestnut honey has a special value of the human body in comparison with other varieties. Its good due to the high content of proteins and easily digestible carbohydrates and the highest content of sucrose, which makes the product effective bactericidal and antiseptic.
Very nice product very rich in mineral components. So, honey contains:
- amino acids and proteins;
- various enzymes;
- tanning substances;
- the microflora.
Of vitamins in honey is the most provitamin A (carotene), thiamine (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), folic acid (vitamin B9), tocopherol (vitamin E), and menatetrenone menaquinone (vitamin K), and ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and nicotinic (vitamin PP). Honey is saturated with minerals such as manganese, potassium, magnesium, copper, iodine, fluorine, barium, and phosphorus. And it has a lot of iron, which makes the chestnut honey is a rich color.
Useful properties of chestnut honey
Chestnut honey, useful properties which can be listed very long, has a range of beneficial actions.
- The product has strong antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
- The use of honey accelerates metabolism, improves digestion; has a beneficial effect on the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Use it to treat diseases of the digestive system, the reception of the product relieves the symptoms of ulcerative diseases.
- Med is the leader in the list of natural remedies that strengthen immunity person.
- Has a strong bactericidal and healing effect. Because of these properties honey is actively used for colds, sore throats, flu. He can heal pretty deep skin damage – wounds, cuts, bruises, burns.
- Well improve appetite and to relieve stress.
- Effectively treats asthma, bronchitis, tonsillitis and other diseases of the respiratory tract.
- Helps to cure diseases of the kidneys and urinary system.
- Has choleretic and anti-edema effect.
- Well helps in the treatment thrombophlebitis and varicose veins. Lead to a stabilization of arterial pressure is an excellent tool for the prevention of cardiac diseases.
- Regularly eating honey can improve liver function and cure her disease.
- The use of honey is invaluable for the nervous system. Thanks to its strong soothing qualities, it is used for the treatment and prevention of neurological conditions and depression.
- Huge benefits honey brings to the developing child's body.
- Chestnut honey gives a person strength, energy, vigor, tones and activates the protective functions of the body.
- This variety of honey is a valuable dietary product that is assigned after a difficult, lengthy illness to restore the body.
Honey proved to be a great tonic in the period before menopause and, actually, during it. It strengthens nervous system, normalizes hormones and improves metabolic processes. In addition, it is recommended to take for treatment cystitis.
Bitter and dark varieties of honey is considered the most useful for men. They improve the potency, normalize blood circulation, help to cure inflammation of the prostate, diseases of urethra and removes the pain and swelling. In combination with walnut nut this product is accepted as a powerful aphrodisiac, which significantly improves men's sexual activity.
How to make chestnut honey for the treatment of diseases
Mix 2 parts berries and strawberry leaves, thyme, Catnip, mint, and one part lavender flowers and lemon balm. Dessert spoon of this herbal raw material is poured a glass of boiling water and infused for 15 minutes. After this infusion should add chestnut honey (1 tbsp). Means take 3 times a day for 1/2 Cup. Treatment means lasts from two months to a year.
Another recipe. Marshmallow root (30 g) is mixed with strawberry leaves (25 grams) and add corn silk (20 grams). There should barberry birch leaves (15 g). Half a Cup of raw pour a liter of boiling water and leave until morning brew in a thermos. Take the remedy 3 times throughout the day 200 ml. Before use the tool, add the chestnut honey.
From a cold
The most long-standing and proven recipe is the remedy made from honey and radish. The radish in a medium size make deepening and put him in chestnut honey (2 tsp). The juice which has formed, you need to take 1 tablespoon every two hours – it will help more to cure the common cold, bronchitis, tracheitis, pneumonia.
Recipe for gargling. In 10 parts of water dissolve 1 part chestnut honey, stir well. Gargle the remedy as often as possible, at least every hour. It helps to quickly relieve pain and inflammation and to kill pathogenic microbes.
For the treatment of cough. In a glass of heated milk to dissolve a tablespoon of honey and stir well. Drink means small SIPS several times a day and at bedtime.
Important! If you heat the honey to a temperature of 40 degrees and above, it will lose its healing properties. Moreover, during heating the honey starts to produce hazardous substances – carcinogens that can cause cancer.
From stomach ulcers
Take a pound of carrots and walnut walnut, and each ingredient individually pray in a meat grinder. Then a pound of butter melt and add to the carrots. The cooled carrot oil add one pound of chestnut honey and nuts. All stirred well. Take the remedy before you eat, within half an hour, 3 times a day.
Important! Before you start treatment eye honey, you must consider some important nuances. First of all, from the honey, as with any natural product, it may be an allergic reaction. A person may be individual intolerance to the product. Therefore, before procedures must be done an allergic test.
It is also very important to consult a doctor and find out, will not cause whether this treatment is any more damage. Because the human eye is a very delicate and sensitive organ, and any irritation or damage leads to loss of vision. Therefore, any treatment should be agreed with the doctor. Submitted recipes must be approved by the specialist, or intolerance to any component will only exacerbate the situation.
In addition, every product from bee products should be cooked almost sterile – all containers must be clean and dry before you start to combine the ingredients.
If the doctor approved a prescription, you can proceed to its preparation.
If you suffer from cataracts or you start conjunctivitis will help lotions from honey solution. To make them honey diluted in boiled water – honey, take 1/3 Cup water – 2/3. Impregnated with liquid swabs applied to the eyes and hold for a few minutes. If you experience discomfort, burning or other discomfort of the lotions must be removed and the eyes rinsed with boiled water.
Take a ripe Apple, cut out and fill serdtsevinka instead of liquid honey. Then a large needle bore 3 holes on the other side of the fruit and put it in a glass so that juice flowed out of the holes. The juice will drain into the glass, must be instilled in the eye several times a day for a few drops. Daily you need to take a fresh Apple. Say, after 2-3 months of treatment, the person will again be able to watch TV and read without glasses.
In order to prevent the appearance of cataract, use this tool. Mix one tablespoon of onion juice and dandelion. Then to the mixture is added to fresh honey (1 tablespoon, but not full). Leave a means to infuse in the dark for 3 hours. The drug is used as an eye ointment twice a day
Myopia helps remedy made from wine, honey and eyebright. To prepare it you need aloe Vera (250 g), meadow knapweed and eyebright (each 60 g), half a kilo of honey and red wine (2 glasses). First you need to mix together the honey and wine, then add the other components. After this step, insist in for three days, then boil for one hour and filtered. Taking the drug for 1 tablespoon before eating.
In kidney disease
Take 2 tsp of herb betony, pour a glass of boiling water and insist for an hour. Then add the chestnut honey (1 dessert spoon) and take 3 times a day 30 ml.
Alternative: grind to powder the dried leaves of betony or her fresh juice (teaspoon) taken during the day 3 times, drinking tea from sage or cranberries with the addition of chestnut honey.
To prepare means to connect the container 25 g of horsetail, 40 g of leaves of hazel, 30 g of St. John's wort. Mix. Take 3 tbsp. of herbal raw materials and pour hot water (0.5 l). Then boil on a slow fire for 10 minutes. Then filtered and allowed to cool to room temperature. Next to the tool (be sure to warm, not hot!) you should add honey (to taste). Take this remedy 3 times a day before meals. The course is 20 days of treatment and 10 days break. You can then repeat.
Another recipe. Huge benefits the circulatory system and the heart provides a blend of honey and apples. To prepare the medication take 4 large apples, cut into slices and placed in an enamel pan. Then pour boiling water to cover all slices. Usually this is enough for 1 liter of water. Then utensils close tightly and leave in a warm place for 4-5 hours, to ensure that the fruits become soft and took on the consistency of the slurry. The mixture is filtered and add honey with the ratio of 1 to 1. Take this drug for 50 ml before bedtime.
Recipe of greens. To ease the condition of varicose vessels and veins, use infusion of fresh herbs. Take the leaves of any variety of parsley and chopped root celery (500 g of each ingredient). Mix. Add a litre of water and put on fire. When the tool comes to a boil, his need to turn and leave under the lid to simmer for 20 minutes. Then in the warm broth it is necessary to introduce 1 kg of liquid honey, and it is well to dissolve. Then the tool is removed for 3 days in a dark place, by placing it first in a glass bowl.
Take 3 times per day before meals with 50 ml of the treatment medium is 10 days.
Important! In folk medicine there are many recipes of honey compresses from varicose veins. However, their use is not recommended. Because even in the liquid honey has crystals that can harm the thin skin, to cause sealing of the pores and increase pressure in the blood vessels which are close to the skin. All of this can lead to the emergence of a vascular network.
As you can see, honey from the chestnut is widely used to treat vast range of diseases. But this treatment has its contraindications.
Please note! Before using any folk remedies with honey, it is important to consult with your doctor. Such funds are contraindicated allergies and diabetics. The consequences of such self-medication can be disastrous.
How to choose chestnut honey
Experienced beekeepers say that, once tasted chestnut honey, you will never confuse it with any other. All due to its exotic taste, shape, color and texture. What should be the real chestnut honey?
- Taste. Charm, as the saying goes "the Amateur". Thick, aromatic, full-bodied, with a characteristic tart finish. The aftertaste of this honey plays with light nutty notes, it appears easy scratchy in the throat.
- Not kristallizuetsya a long time. It is also one of the distinguishing features of this variety of honey. It can stay liquid for a year and even longer.
- When heated it lost the bitterness. A peculiar taste of this honey disappears if you heat the product to a temperature of 50°C. If honey is heated, but the taste remains the same, it could mean that you purchased a fake. In addition, the color and bitter taste honey can forge burnt sugar.
- Without additives starch. Starch in honey can be easily detected by using iodine. Reacts with iodine, starch gives a precipitate of brown and white.
- With no added sugar. Its presence in honey is also easy to determine. To do this, drip a little honey on the paper and set fire to it. If the product has sugar, it will burn. If the honey is natural, it remains untouched by the fire.
- Quick and simple test on impurities of syrup. Alas, quite often in the honey add the syrup of water and sugar or pollen. How to determine whether diluted honey? A thin layer of honey is applied on the hand and soft hold on it in indelible ink. If the pencil left no trace – natural honey. If there are impurities, the pencil will leave a blue color.