Hair loss, if it is not related to natural processes (aging, heredity), can be caused by various disorders in the body. In the latter case this condition, called alopecia, is usually treatable with appropriate therapy and addressing the root causes can achieve hair recovery.
What can cause hair loss:
- Frequent damage to the hair ( including perming and colouring);
- Hormonal imbalance;
- Fungal and bacterial diseases (ringworm, dermatomycosis);
- The damage to the scalp and injury;
- The effects of some medications;
- Chemotherapy, radiation;
- Constant stress (emotional, mental, physical, imbalance);
- Systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Diseases of the thyroid gland.
In some cases, to trigger hair loss can poor diet and certain hairstyles (such as excessive utgivna hair in ponytails and braids).
To consult a doctor if hair loss is accompanied by inflammation and pain of the scalp, the appearance of the ulcers, crusts, scales, pustules and also, if your hair falls out in other parts of the body.