Neurologist – a doctor specialising in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases of the nervous system. His expertise come in working with peripheral nerves, brain and spinal cord. Since 1980, the neurologist was renamed neurologist. Now this concept is rarely found in the literature. It is important to know who the neurologist, in order to approach him with the appearance of unpleasant symptoms. Specialist will conduct a full diagnosis and make a treatment plan focusing on individual characteristics of the patient.
That treats neurologist
Doctor-neurologist treats the following diseases:
- neuropathy, neuralgia and neuritis;
- pain in the back, lower back, neck and limbs;
- curvature of the spine;
- disc herniation;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- the consequences of injuries, operations on the spine and the brain;
- vascular dystonia;
- absentminded sclerosis;
- disease Parkinson;
- encephalopathy of the brain.
In children, the neurologist can detect hydrocephalus and microcephaly. Hydrocephalus is characterized by enlargement of the skull and fontanels with increased volume of CSF in the cranial cavity. With microcephaly the patient marked reduction in the size of the skull, narrowing of the cranial sutures and fontanelles. Also, the child at the age of 2-3 years, the size of the skull is practically the same as at birth. These pathologies lead to delay physical and mental development, so it is necessary as soon as possible to begin treatment.
The neurologist must perform the following duties:
- The provision of medical care in their specialty, using modern methods of diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Development of the survey design and the choice of tactics of treatment.
- Conduct daily inspection of the patient in the hospital.
- As needed change treatment strategies.
- The compliance with internal regulations.
- Observance of rules of industrial hygiene and safety.
When to see a neurologist
Make an appointment with a neurologist should be at the following symptoms:
- chronic pain;
- muscle pain and back;
- General malaise;
- numbness or tingling;
- reduced vision;
- movement disorder;
- memory disorder;
- noise in the ears;
- attacks loss of consciousness;
- disorders of thinking;
- incorrect posture.
In some cases, diseases of the nervous system are manifested epileptic seizures, disturbance of consciousness, sudden change in behavior.
Important! Negatively affects the nervous system improper diet, deficiency of vitamins in the body, diseases of the pancreas, heart and kidneys. Also pathological processes occur under the action antidepressants, ethyl alcohol, vegetable and animal poisons, chronic administration of antibiotics and anticancer drugs, heavy metal poisoning.
Pediatric neurologist will evaluate the functional condition of the baby and if a disturbance will develop the tactics of correction. Diseases of the nervous system in neonates can occur due to heavy pregnancy, intrauterine infections, birth complications and injury at birth. Especially it is necessary to monitor the status of the child at birth early.
Please note! It is very important to visit the doctor with a child under the age of 1, 3, 6, 9 and 12 months. This will help to avoid many pathologies.
The first examination of the child is in the hospital. There he before discharge ultrasound examination of the brain.
To address to the neuropathologist, when the child has these signs:
- disturbed sleep;
- frequent regurgitation;
- twitching of the extremities and lower jaw;
- febrile convulsions;
- developmental delay;
- fast or slow closure of the Fontanelle.
If the child's trembling chin after exercise or when it is agitated, the reason for the worries would periodically visit a neurologist. In such cases it is recommended to do relaxing massages and herbal baths before bedtime.
If after 6 months the baby becomes on socks, and not stop completely, it can be a symptom of increased excitability of the nervous system. Then it is necessary to address to the neuropathologist and to find out the cause of a breach.
Frequent crying and hysterics, the child should undergo examination, as this may signal the presence of diseases of the Central nervous system.
Important! Examination of the child is on the changing table or another surface of medium hardness. Furnished in a doctor's office should be quiet, without distractions. Inspection should be done after 1.5-2 hours after feeding.
At age 3 years in children there is often such neurotic States, like fear, involuntary sighs, coughing, blinking eyes, headaches and sleep disturbance. Such problems can occur because of incorrect communication between parents and child. A qualified neurologist will help solve the problems in communication and education.
Common causes of visits to the doctor in 4-5 years are considered impaired coordination and speech development, enuresis. If not to address to the neuropathologist, the child may have problems with learning and various neurotic disorders, a situation at school, injuring his mind.
Where it takes neurologist
Make an appointment with my neurologist by phone or fill a special form on the website of the selected clinic. If for any reasons it is impossible to visit the clinic, then the doctor can arrive home at a convenient time for the patient.
Consultation of the neuropathologist in Moscow at the price from 1100-1900 rubles.
Cost of reception at the neurologist in Saint-Petersburg is in the range of 1500-2000 rubles.
Price consultation with a neurologist in Perm – 900-200 rubles, in Rostov-na-Donu – 850-2500 roubles, in Ekaterinburg – 800-2500 rubles.
How is the examination by a neurologist
First and foremost, the doctor listens to the patient, is an individual diagnostic program to correct diagnosis, and then selects the effective scheme of treatment. For the diagnosis of diseases of the nervous system used the most modern methods:
- Doppler ultrasound of neck vessels and brain. Designed to assess the state of blood flow in cerebral vessels, the patency of the carotid and vertebral arteries.
- Duplex scanning of the brain. Helps the doctor to obtain information about the state of the vessels, to check the structure and blood flow.
- Echoencephalography. Considered secure and quick method of assessing intracranial pressure to detect the presence of a brain tumor or offset in a region of the brain which caused a brain injury.
- CT scan. Allows the neurologist to determine the presence of congenital abnormalities, tumors, inflammation, metastasis and vascular disease. If necessary during computed tomography the patient can enter the contrast agent for more precise image. This substance does not harm the body and eliminated from it in a few days.
- Magnetic resonance imaging. Designed to detect herniated discs, determine the size and extent of their deformation, the detection of brain lesions. Doctors call MRT safe and most informative method of diagnosis.
- Electroencephalography. Allows the neurologist to diagnose the presence of tumors and various forms of epilepsy. Also, with this harmless method to identify abnormalities in brain function in the face of some pathologies of the nervous system, surgeries or injuries and to select appropriate treatment.
- The x-rays. Affordable and quick method of research used for the detection of osteoporosisthe displacement of the vertebrae, degenerative disc disease, metastases and other diseases in the bones of the skull and spine.
- Electroneuromyography. Helps examine the condition of the peripheral nerves and skeletal muscles.
In some cases to confirm the diagnosis, the doctor appoints advanced ultrasonic diagnosis of abdominal organs, kidneys and pelvis, ECG for exclusion of cardiovascular diseases. You might also need advice gynecologist, cardiologist, allergist and other related professionals.
Treatment of diseases of the nervous system
The treatment of neurological diseases may take place in a hospital or on an outpatient basis. In acute forms of pathology, the doctor will prescribe medicines to improve blood circulation and metabolic processes in nerve tissue. To restore Central and peripheral nervous system, it is necessary to undergo physiotherapy, massage therapy, and massage. Also the patient should monitor the blood sugar level and cholesterol are routinely measured in blood pressure.
Effective physiotherapeutic methods of treatment of diseases of the nervous system are considered ultrasound therapy, laser therapy, and transcranial electrical stimulation. In disorders of speech, sensory and motor centers using acupuncture. To relieve pain and restore the affected muscle structures, the doctor will prescribe electroacupuncture.
Prevention of Neurological Disorders
To prevent nervous system diseases, doctors recommend to observe the following rules:
- Maintain a positive relationship with family and friends.
- Treated promptly anemiju endocrine disorders and diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Balanced diet.
- Courses to take restorative vitamins.
- To adjust mode of work and rest.
- To limit the consumption of coffee and alcoholic beverages.
- To stay away from drugs.
- Moderately doing sports.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a day 9-10 hours adults to children.
BTC Address: 1Pi3a4c6sJPbfF2sSYR2noy61DMBkncST
ETH Address: 0x7d046a6a6ea1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
LTC Address: LUyT9HtGjtDyLDyEbLJ
Yandex Money: 410013576807538
Webmani (R still works): R140551758553 and q216149053852
ATOM Address (Cosmos): cosmos15v50ymp6n6n5dn73erqq0u8adpl8d3ujv2e74 MEMO: 106442821
BAT Address: 0x7d046a6a1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
BCH Address: 1Pi3a4c6sJPbfF2sSYR2noy61DMBkncST
BEAM Address: 24ec693cffe396c8644e23971a40c7c7c70dffb12693939cb233b2164445e06fb5e2
BNB Address: bnb136ns6lfw4s5hg4n85vthaad7hq5m4gtkgf23 MEMO: 106210477
BTT Address: TNcT'mrUFfbVDJDuFjh5beeik JBX39ySm
DASH Address: Xkey1'YD5r9kkh23i BDNW8z9pnTF9tmBuL
DCR Address: DsnSzfzbe6WqNb581muMAMN7hPnzz8mcdr
DOGE Address: DENN2ncxBc6CcgY8SbcHGpAF87siBVq4tU
ETC Address: 0x7d046a6a1bd712f7a6937937b042eeee4998f634
LINK Address: 0x7d046a6a1bd712f7a69379377937b042eeeee4998f634
MANA Address: 0x7d046a6a6ea1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
NANO Address: nano_17nn85ygnimr1djkx8nh7p8xw36ia69xoiqckb8quo57ebweut1w8gu6gamm
NEO Address: AS1XCr1MS1BA69DTxDk W8yypB9njPTWzG
OMG Address: 0x7d046a6a6ea1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
ONT Address: AS1XCr1MS1BA69DTxDk W8ypB9njPTWzG
PIVX Address: DBH7DfLaSxtdT4Gzno4gLMC3f5gcD6BGVe
RVN Address: RKFTtb'4jWEY9gwHodiH92utCc8iBzStaM
STEEM Address: deepcrypto8 MEMO: 106757068
TOMO Address: 0x7d046a6a6ea1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
TRX Address: TNcT'mrUFfbVDJDuFjh5beeik JBX39ySm
TUSD Address: 0x7d046a6a6ea1bd712f7a69377937b042eeeee4998f634
USDT (ERC-20) Address: 0x7d046a6aa1bd712f7a69377b042eeeee4998f634
VET Адрес: 0x7d046a6eaa1bd712f7a6937b042e9eee4998f634
WAVES Адрес: 3PHUH2hAzhbRqnrJ8tr9GFgnkkxLL15Rhpw
XEM Адрес: NC64UFOWRO6AVMWFV2BFX2NT6W2GURK2EOX6FFMZ MEMO: 101237663
XRP Адрес: rEb8TK3gBgk5auZkwc6sHnwrGVJH8DuaLh XRP Депозит Tag: 105314946
XTZ Адрес: tz1Q5YqkEZSwqU97HrC8FipJhSXcEyB3YGCt
XVG Адрес: DDGcaATb3BWNnuCXbTZMf6fx9Cqf2v1PWF
ZEC Адрес: t1RBHUCbSWcDxzqeMCSPYdocKJuNGZvVJHn